Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

winter wonderland

Last night we went out for supper in SF, then got Starbucks and went for a long walk before we went skating at the Embarcadero center.

SF at Christmas

 Skating was really fun, although they had "hockey skates" and I use the term loosely. They had absolutely no edge, and I kept waiting to crash head long into the boards and take 4 or 5 unlucky souls with me. I managed to stay upright but I really missed my picks, and regretted my decision not to bring my skates to California with me.




"A good skater can skate in anything"- Just Friends

Trying not to die




Here are few of my favourite things about this time of year:
  • skiing, skating, tobogganing, etc.
  • coming in out of the cold and warming your hands on a steaming mug of hot chocolate (see above)
  • it seems like people are nicer to each other, and go out of their way to help even complete strangers
  • finding the perfect gift for someone that you absolutely know they will love (extra points if it's on sale)
  • all of the cookies (especially these), and other delicious treats
  • there is always an excuse for a party, cute new dress, or cocktail 
  • Holiday movies, especially Home Alone, and Love Actually 
  • When you're wrapping presents and you manage to cut all the way across the wrapping paper in one smooth line, without stopping and without ripping it. Success. 


No comments:

Post a Comment