Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

put your face on

I am kind of obsessed with makeup. It's a problem. I have literally drawers and cupboards and shelves FULL of makeup that's I've accumulated over the years, most of which I don't use, but can't throw away because what if I need it someday? What if they don't make that colour anymore?

My makeup drawer. Full disclosure: I also have a rather large pink plastic tub full of "special occasion" makeup under the sink

And I just know that the second I decide to actually get rid of something, I will wake up the next day with an amazing makeup idea that would only be possible with that one product that I threw away, that they no longer make.

I will then spend countless amounts of time and money to replace the product that I threw away because I didn't use, and then once I have it I will use it once, remember why I hadn't used it in the first place, and it will sit in a drawer unused until my next attempt at cleaning out my makeup drawer, because that is what my life is like.
 
Still regardless of this fact that I am fully aware of, I can't stop. I love makeup, I love buying it, wearing it, and experimenting with it. I love that you can make yourself look totally different one day than you did the day before. Not that I do that, I usually do my makeup the exact same way every time, but still it's nice to have the option.

Here are some products I have been trying to avoid buying for a few months now, but who am I kidding, I will probably end up dashing out to the nearest Sephora the second I publish this post.


Benefit Hoola Bronzer- I have about 50 bronzers sitting in a drawer at home, but I am somehow convinced that this is the one that is going to make all my bronzed goddess dreams come true.


 Benefit High Beam- This is to be used in tandem with product number 1. I've been wanting to try highlighting and contouring to see what all the fuss is about, and I'm hoping if I use superior products it might help to cancel out user error and help me to avoid looking like a crazed zebra.


Mac Ruby Woo- Apparently this is the greatest red lipstick ever made. I will let you know, once I inevitably purchase it. This is what I think I look like when I wear red lipstick:

 

 But I'm pretty sure this is what I actually look like:

No comments:

Post a Comment