Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

tiny dancer

Last Saturday we went to see The Nutcracker at the San Francisco Opera House. It was pretty much my dream date, I got to dress up, eat chocolate truffles, drink champagne and watch ballet dancers in glittery costumes twirling around.


The opera house was gorgeous, it was all marble and gold leaf everywhere. I almost took a picture of the bathroom vanity because I couldn't remember the last time I had been in a public place with actual faucets, instead of the automatic kind, but I decided whipping out my camera in a public bathroom was at least awkward, or possibly ground for arrest.






We had planned on eating supper before the show, but we weren't very hungry and decided to just get drinks and dessert.


The ballet was beautiful, somewhere around the Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy I finally decided that what I want to be when I grow up is a ballet dancer. I know they have adult classes in the area, I am sure I could be dancing the part of Clara by next Christmas. Probably.




No comments:

Post a Comment