Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

scavenger

I finally made it out to the Concord Flea Market and it was really neat. I was a bit overwhelmed at first, because they sell EVERYTHING there. Like everything. You can buy electronics, clothes, jewellery, antiques, shoes, sewing machines, prom dresses, parakeets, there were even quite a few tables set up for people selling drugstore products like tampons and deodorant.

I wonder who is coming here and buying random remotes? Does anyone ever find the one remote they were truly looking for?
I am always drawn first to the jewellery, and antiques, especially anything you might use in the kitchen. I nearly bought an entire set of crystal glasses and a pitcher, until I remembered I have nowhere to put it.

Ditto antique tea cups, I wanted to make my own candles and put them in there. I may go back and try to find some more of those because it looks really cute, but again, I really have nowhere to put them.

Pet Rocks.. I wonder how much they were charging for these?

Since I can't figure out how to work my electric sewing machine, I'm pretty sure this one is out of the question.

I did end up buying a few things:
This watch. It doesn't work, it needs a new battery, but I saw it and I thought it was so cute. I've been looking for a thin gold bracelet to wear with some bangles, and I have freakishly tiny wrists and it fit me perfectly with no alterations needed, plus it was only $2.
 

I bought these little glass bottles, when I showed them to my husband he said "Why would you buy those? That is someone's garbage, they are trying to get it out of their house and you bring it to ours". But I have a project in mind and I know they will be ravishing when I'm finished, that will teach him.

I also bought this antique Italian mirror, the frame is very heavy silver, and I think with a little TLC it could be really beautiful again.


No comments:

Post a Comment