Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

twenty six

Happy Birthday to me.



It's strange to me that I am 26, I still feel like I am 12 most of the time, and honestly I haven't changed that much since I was. But time keeps passing even when you don't notice it, and it's pretty crazy to me to look back now at my life, especially since I graduated high school.

I've met so many incredible people, and had so many wonderful experiences, I am truly grateful for all of it. If you had told me at 12 that I would have had the opportunity to do so many of the things I've done, I wouldn't have believed you, but I would have hoped you were right.

Highlights from this last year, for me were:

- Finally being able to get a job in the U.S., and finding one that I like with wonderful co-workers was definitely a bonus.
- My mom and Ry coming out to visit us and see our new house in June
- Getting married in July, and getting to see all of my favourite people in one place, at the same time
- Running my first solo-half marathon in October
- Our road trip down the coast to Carmel for Derek's birthday
- Taking Derek back to Canada with me to see my home town in November
- Mexico with my family for Christmas
- Hawaii with my mom and sister in January
- A road trip to L.A. with Derek in February

This year I am looking forward to:

- My parents coming out to visit in a couple of weeks, this will be the first time my Dad has been able to come
- Hawaii in May for Derek's graduation
- My best friend moving to Oregon, so I can stalk her on long weekends
- Fourth of July weekend in Montana with my older sister and her beautiful babies
- A September long weekend wedding
- The Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in September with my momma and sisters, go Team Ta-Tas!

And lots more.

If you were thinking of getting me something for my birthday, but you weren't able to get in touch with Charlie Hunnam, you could sponsor me for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, here.

yes.  




No comments:

Post a Comment