Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

birthday blessings

Twenty-five has been a pretty great year for me overall. It has been exciting, terrifying, but mostly just fun, and has more than made up for the dismal-ness and despair that was 24.

I feel very lucky to have an amazing family, a great job, a comfortable home, and a wonderful husband, who I embarrassed quite thoroughly with my last post about him, so I will just say that he is OK, I guess.

And I have some fantastic friends, many of whom I don't get to see regularly, but all of whom are daily in my thoughts. Many of these friends are ladies, in fact most of my favourite people on this planet are women.

So I decided that this year, instead of collecting gifts and dinners and cakes (OK, I'm still going to have cake, don't be weird) I'm going to ask my wonderful (good-looking, witty, clever, generous?) friends and family to sponsor me in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer that will take place in San Francisco on September 28-29, 2013.
 
That's right, please do not get me any gifts of any kind, instead, sponsor me for this walk. Every cent that is donated will go towards breast cancer research, care and detection programs, plus you get the pleasure of knowing that I will be walking for 2 days, 39 miles, in one weekend. Sooo basically, that is like doing a marathon one day, and then a half marathon the next day. Yes, there will be pictures.

Honestly, I am very excited about it, I think it will be a really amazing experience, and I thank all of you in advance that are willing to help me achieve this goal. Even a small donation would be great, every little bit helps.
 
You can learn more about the programs that benefit from the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, here.
 
If you'd like to sponsor me, you can find my fundraising page, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment