Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

smooth operator

I've been doing a "cleanse" for the last 8 days (more on that tomorrow) but I've been starting the day with a fruit and veggie smoothie. It's only been just over a week, but I can already tell I've lost weight, and most importantly, the reason I decided to try this in the first place, I just feel better.

It's kind of hard to explain, I just feel lighter, never bloated or full or "gross" as I like to say, and I don't get "starving" anymore. One of the things I read before starting this was that it can put you back in touch with the real feeling of hunger, because you aren't eating for cravings, or out of boredom, and there is nothing really "fancy" to eat, so you are just eating basic food that you need to not be hungry, and to get vitamins and nutrients.

I still have almost 2 weeks left, so I'm excited to see how I feel in a couple more weeks, and if I can find any really noticeable changes.

Here is my morning smoothie recipe:

2 cups coconut water
1 large handful of kale
1 sprig of fresh Parsley
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp ground flax seed
1 tblsp chia seeds
4 frozen peach sections
1 handful of frozen mixed berries

Combine coconut water, kale and parsley in blender, blend well to break up greens. In a separate glass, mix one tblsp chia seeds with 1 tblsp coconut water, set aside. Mix remaining ingredients into blender. Lastly, pour in chia seeds, which will have combined with the coconut water to make a gel. Blend and serve.




Soaking chia seeds
Yum

I've been making it every morning for over a week now, and I like to play around with the ingredients a bit. Sometimes I omit the mixed berries, and instead add in 1 whole peeled kiwi, which is really delicious. I also want to try mixing in other veggies, like cucumber.

Sometimes I will add a little bit of Naked juice Green Machine for a some extra fruit, but just a splash or two.




No comments:

Post a Comment