Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

i heart glitter

We moved into our house almost a year ago, and we did a LOT of work to get it looking the way we wanted. Most of the big stuff is done (except the kitchen cabinets and countertop) but now I'm trying focus on the smaller details that will change it from someone's house to our home.

I've been wanting to find some art work or something to spruce up our bedroom, but I've had a hard time finding the right thing. Then a few weeks ago I attended the Renegade craft fair in SF, and I was struck by inspiration. One of the booths had a garland of tiny gold glitter hearts and twine at a paper card display.

I tried to buy it from her, and it was embarrassing for both of us when she had to explain that it wasn't actually one of the products, just a decoration she had bought to brighten up the table. I was able to find sort of similar ones on Etsy, but they were all very expensive, and not large enough for what I needed, so I decided to make my own.


I already had twine from an old project, so I picked up some gold glitter paper and a heart stencil at Michael's, and set to work.



 


It only took me about 45 minutes to make, and I really like it. The after pictures aren't the best (my new camera should be here today or tomorrow, can't wait!) and I don't know if I'll keep it up forever, but it's really nice to have something up there and it adds a little extra glitter to my day.



No comments:

Post a Comment