Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

favourites

A few of the things that are making me happy right now:

My new shower curtain, it was love at first sequin

My kindle almost always has chocolatey fingerprints on it, oh well

I resisted getting an E-reader for the longest time because it kind of made me feel like a cheating girlfriend. I love books, the smell of them and the feeling of flipping the page, and the library is my happy place, where I go whenever I am sad or upset, but the boy bought me one as a gift last year, and I love it. I still get library books all the time, I only use my Kindle to download new books that I know I really want to read.

I discovered yesterday that you can rent library books on your Kindle, which is basically amazing. I will still go to the library to get books, there is nothing like "finding" a great book on the shelves that turns out to be one of your favourites, but it is nice to be able to get newer library books right away, that you would have otherwise had to spend ages on the waiting list for. Learn about renting Kindle books here.

The gorgeous aztec pattern on the Express skirt I got for Christmas

Chocolate Soufflé Cake from Tartine


I was lucky enough to try this magnificent cake last night, it was truly amazing. If someone would please buy me the Tartine Cookbook, I will attempt to make it, and then let you watch me eat the whole thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment