Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

feeling blue


I found these glass bottles at the flea market a few weeks ago. I thought they were really cute, I have a ridiculous weakness for anything kitchen related, and I wanted to give them a makeover. I bought some turquoise glass paint from Amazon, and after a bit of trial and error, here is the finished product.






The instructions say to mix the paint with a bit of paint thinner to make it easier to coat the inside, but I found when I did that, even a tiny bit, when I left it to dry, the paint would run and leave rivulets in the blue. So I waited for it to dry completely, and then dumped the paint in undiluted, it took a bit more time and effort to get the whole inside of the jar covered, but once I did, I was able to dump the excess back into the jar, and let it dry without runs or streaks.

Wait 24 hours after painting, then bake in the oven for 40 minutes to make them dishwasher safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment