Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

muy caliente


It finally feels like spring outside, and one of the best parts is that there are lots of fresh fruits and veggies at the farmer's market, instead of just that one guy with some old potatoes like there is in December.

I only had one mission last weekend, and that was to make pico de gallo. I planted cilantro, which I hate, and which I'm pretty sure hates me, only for this exact purpose. I tried to get everything I needed at the farmer's market, and I was mostly successful except for the jalapenos, which I had to go to the store for, twice, since I forgot them the first time.

This was pretty easy to make, just a bit of chopping. The hard part was pacing anxiously around the house waiting for it to get cold in the fridge so I could eat it.



trust me, the feeling is mutual






It was a great snack on a 90 degree day, and the obligatory margarita accompaniment was very refreshing.

Recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment