Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

brownie slut

I'm pretty sure everyone has heard about slutty brownies by now. Cookie dough on the bottom, a layer of Oreos, covered by moist chocolatey brownie mix and baked in the oven. For some reason I'd never tried to make them before, and I finally decided to see what all the fuss was about.

I decided not to do the Oreos, as it seemed like it would be a bit overkill, and also would have left me with half a package of Oreos laying around which I would have inevitably devoured, and since it was practically a guarantee that I would be eating most of the cookie dough before it ever made it's way into the bars, it seemed like a good move.

So my brownies were more promiscuous than slutty. But they were still delicious. They literally took 5 minutes to throw together (20 if you add in the time to eat cookie dough until you are feeling ill, before you proceed with the baking) and then 45 minutes of bake time.

If you are feeling super ambitious you could make your own cookie dough and brownie mix and then combine them, but I used store bought. It is definitely a lazy man's dessert, but it's a bit more special than just making cookies, or just brownies to a potluck, and they are really delicious.

Derek was calling me brownie slut the whole night after I made them, but you can't have everything in life.


It came like that, I swear




I don't know why I always want to bake when I'm wearing white


I burnt my mouth trying it right when it came out of the oven, but worth it


Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment