Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

zara

We have a Zara in SF, but the one in Vegas is so much better. I might find one or two things in the one near my work, but when I go into the one in the Fashion Mall on the strip, I have to limit myself to a dollar amount ahead of time and try to stick to it.

I want everything in there.


T-shirts should not be a remarkable thing, but it's really hard to find a good one. Usually they are too thick, or completely see through, or they hang on me weird and make me look pregnant.

These ones are just sheer enough to be breathable, they are form fitting but don't cling, they have a nice wide neckline so I don't feel like I'm choking, and they are long enough to be flattering. It's probably weird to be this excited about a very basic clothing staple, but I am.


I've been wanting some lace trimmed black shorts for a long time, (probably since I saw this post, actually) and I figured they would be very easy to find, but they aren't. The only pairs I've found have been incredibly expensive, but these were really cute and affordable.


It's always hard for me to find button up shirts, usually they are either way too big and unflattering, or too tight and the buttons pull, plus they are usually see-through so I have to wear something underneath that adds bulk. This shirt is sheer but the colour is dark enough to keep it decent, and it fits perfectly without any gaping or pulling in the chest. Plus it's green.

The only other green thing I own is a green silk mini dress with puffy sleeves. I was most likely drunk at the time of purchase, as I can't imagine what else would have possessed me to snatch up that little number, which might still be the single most expensive thing I've ever bought. I force myself to wear it every St. Patrick's Day as a humiliation exercise, and a reminder that if you feel the sudden urge to buy a Kelly green puffy sleeved satin dress, or other embarrassing equivalent, it's probably a good idea to sleep on it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment