Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

first friday

Last Friday night we went to see Matt Nathanson at the Fox Theater in Oakland. The Fox is gorgeous, I love the enormous gold statues flanking the stage, and it also has 11 bars, so that's beautiful as well.

It was also First Friday in downtown Oakland, I've been hearing about it for a long time but just hadn't made it down to check it out. They close down a whole street in downtown Oakland and there are bands and food trucks and artists and vendors selling all kinds of things. There was a school bus full of vintage clothes, I had my eye on a faux fur vest when Derek unceremoniously dragged me away.

They had a bunch of old cars and really neat motorcycles, and I even saw a few rap battles, and I had an amazing tri-tip sandwich for supper. It was a really neat crowd and I'd definitely like to bring some people back there with us next time.

The concert was wonderful, Matt has been my favourite since the first time I heard Still, and if anything we are even closer now as he made every single person sing "I Want to Dance with Somebody" by Whitney Houston at the top of their lungs and he wouldn't stop until everyone joined in, and also qualified a song where he talks about Jewish girls with "I'm a pervert, not a racist".







Sitting on a sidewalk in Oakland eating supper, because I'm classy like that




No comments:

Post a Comment