Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

gold

I'm trying to decide what I want to dress up as for Halloween, but so far I can't come up with anything. I even tried doing word association to hopefully inspire a cool, completely never done before costume and in a flash of inspiration while looking out the window I screeched out, "OF COURSE! I WILL BE A TREE!"

So it's clear that I'm going to have to take a different route to finding my costume. I saw this project the other day and have since been obsessed, even though it's not even close to being the right season to plant more things, but then I started thinking, what if I covered MYSELF in gold leaf? Not my whole body, since there might be children present, but just gold leaf makeup.

I think it looks so gorgeous, and also kind of like you might have a contagious skin condition, so perfect for Halloween. The only problem is, it's not really a costume, is it? When someone asks me what I'm supposed to be and I just say "Gold", that might be odd. So now I'm trying to think of an actual costume I could make out of plastering my face with gold leaf.

So far I've come up with an oscar, Goldmember, Queen Midas, or the sugar plum from the Nutcracker (although I'm not sure why since I feel like she would be white and silver?)

Here is my makeup inspiration so let's see what I can come up with. Although hopefully with less gold dandruff.



No comments:

Post a Comment