Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

birthday plans

Next week is Derek's birthday, I've been trying to decide what to get him. Last year, we went on a road trip down the coast and just kind of crept around Santa Cruz, Monterey and Carmel exploring. It was really fun and spontaneous.

I'd really like to do something like that again this year, I was thinking Morro Bay. There is so much beautiful coast line in this state, and I'd like to see as much of it as possible while we're here. We even bought a tent this summer that hasn't been used once as I bought it for a camping trip and then ended up sleeping in the boat under the stars.

We're so busy this month that we wouldn't be able to go until November, but it's California, how cold can it be by then, really? I've camped many a May long weekend in Canada where there was snow on the ground and nothing but red Sourpuss and Sky Blue coolers to keep me warm.

There is something so romantic and wonderful about just getting in the car and driving with no real plans. Maybe we'll make it to the campgrounds, maybe we won't. Maybe we'll visit Hearst Castle, maybe we'll get mugged on the beach. It's a mystery, but I bet you it will be a memorable weekend.


We're seeing Matt Nathanson at the Fox Theater in Oakland tonight, I saw him last year at Now and Zen and he is great live, so great that I am willing to overlook his nose ring. Also on the agenda for this weekend, a massage, book club, and making perogies for Thanksgiving next Sunday while I creep all over the internet trying to find season 4 of Downton Abbey because it doesn't air in 'merica until January.

No comments:

Post a Comment