Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

banana chocolate chip

There isn't much in this world I hate more than I hate bananas. Apparently (according to my mother) from the time I was old enough to eat solid food, I've had a unique hatred that borders on phobia, and refused to have anything to do with them.

I personally think it's a texture thing, since they don't really have an overpoweringly strong smell or taste to them, and I was intrigued when I recently came across this recipe, and decided to test that theory.

The basic premise is that you make pancakes with just one banana and one egg, rather than unhealthy pancake batter. I also added a little pinch of salt to add a little depth to the flavour.

I wasn't expecting much from this recipe (I also hate pancakes, and refuse to eat them except as a vehicle to consume large amounts of chocolate for breakfast) but it was actually really delicious. It didn't taste like bananas, and the texture was very pancake-ish.

It's a very simple recipe

Mash up the banana...

Add one egg and a pinch of salt and beat

Cook like you would a regular pancake, with a tiny bit of oil or cooking spray

Add chocolate chips (or blueberries, nuts, etc) and flip

Put on a plate

Demolish in 5 seconds flat (with Derek's help)

I will definitely be making these again as a "healthy" snack or for breakfast. I also think they would be good with a dash of cinnamon and vanilla, and then served with sugar free syrup and a sprinkle of icing sugar, like french toast without the bread or the frenchness.


No comments:

Post a Comment