Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

quinoa salad

Since I've been doing my cleanse, I've had to be a bit less discriminating about some of the things I'm willing to eat, if only out of sheer boredom. I'm kind of a picky eater, so there are lots of things that are probably delicious together that I just would never think to combine.

My girlfriend turned me on to this recipe for a quick, delicious lunch, and as I was getting pretty sick of quinoa, tamari and veggies every day, I was excited to have a new option.

You will need:

2 cups cooked quinoa
4-5 dried apricots (avoid brand with added sugar or preservatives)
2 tablespoons dried cranberries
1 handful of slivered unsalted almonds
1 tblsp olive oil
1-2 tblsp balsamic vinegar

Chop up the apricots, then combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, mix and serve.

This salad can be served warm or cold, I've eaten it both ways and it is super simple to make, and delicious.

My only word of caution would be to add the balsamic vinegar a little at a time, I added too much once and it was NOT an enjoyable experience.

Enjoy!


Apparently I need a new cutting board





No comments:

Post a Comment