Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

wine-o

A few weekends ago a group of us went wine tasting for one of my friends' birthdays. It was a beautiful day, and we had lots of fun. We went in Livermore, to 3 different wineries, and I discovered that at a lot of the smaller vineyards, the people that work in the tasting rooms are volunteers, and they get paid in wine.

So I've definitely found my future career path. Out of all the wineries we went to, 3 Steve's in Livermore was my favourite, it was across the courtyard from Tap 25, which had beer tasting for the boys, and the owners were very friendly and knowledgeable. They kept refilling our glasses and chatting with us long after our tasting was over.

Possibly as a direct result of this, I decided it would be a good idea to do beer tasting next door. I really don't like beer, so in a cruel twist of fate, all of the beers I picked to try were sold out, so they would give me an extra beer to make it up to me, and I ended up with 8 or 9 glasses of beer to drink, and I didn't like any of them so I had to keep foisting them off on some unsuspecting gents at the end of the bar.

It was a super fun day, and I'd like to go again immediately, and also every day thereafter.

basically an engagement photo of us two

this is Bill, he is from Kansas, and he helped me pick out all of my (gross) beers

birthday girl



jack skellington
gorge
the winemaker's sister was an incredibly talented painter
just a few of the beer I had to drink, not delicious          


No comments:

Post a Comment