Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

2 years


Dear California,

It's been two years since I left my old state to come be with you. People warned me about you, and told me things like "You won't like it there, people are rude", or "Seriously, you'll never be able to drive there, everyone has road rage," but I ignored them and jumped in head first.

The honeymoon period was great, it was all trips to Disneyland, Long Beach and Capitola, "Here have some more cherries", and "Want to go wine tasting?". But once it was over, and real life began, things got a little shaky in that I hated you and would stay up late at night crying over my ex (state). 

We've had our ups and downs, but as a wise man once said "You can't force somebody to love you, all you can do is stalk them until they panic and give in." It took some time (about a year) but you've definitely grown on me, and now we have a bond that will last forever. Or at least for one more year, whichever comes first.

xoxo,

Jasmine


No comments:

Post a Comment