Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

temptation.

My first year living in Hawaii, I was introduced to the South Shore Grill by my boyfriend at the time. The relationship didn't last, but SSG and I have been an item ever since. One of the best things they have there (although everything is delicious) are their desserts, especially their peanut butter temptations.

Now that I'm not living on the island, I don't get these delicious treats every week, and it's quite sad. When I went back to Hawaii in January we took my mom to SSG so that she too might know the joys that are peanut butter temptations. I'd never even thought about trying to make them myself, since I couldn't fathom the wizardry that would be necessary to get the Reece's into the cookies without baking them into a melty disaster.

My mother took one look at the cookies and declared "They probably just push the peanut butter cups in right when they come out of the oven." I'm pretty sure that's why we have parents, for exactly such moments as those.

I was able to find a recipe, and made them last week and they were amazingly delicious, and so simple to make (literally 15 minutes from when I started to when I took the first bite) that I was kind of embarrassed I'd never thought to make them before.



basic peanut butter cookies in a mini muffin tin, bake about 8 minutes

push in peanut butter cups once they come out of the oven




One final tip is to make these on a night when you are home alone, so you don't have to share with your husband. Not that that's what I did. I would never do something like that, especially knowing how much Derek adores these cookies. Obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment