Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

cauliflower cream

I've been seeing recipes for "cauliflower substitutes" for a few months now, but I've always been very skeptical. The other day I saw this recipe for cauliflower Alfredo sauce, and I had no choice but to try it.

A frighteningly large percentage of my life is spent wishing I was eating Alfredo when I'm not, so I figured if there was even a slight chance this would work, it was worth a try.

Let me tell you, it was delicious. It was a bit lighter than alfredo sauce obviously (which is probably the point) and a lot less thick, but it was super creamy and delicious. It was a bit time consuming, and there is a real risk of 3rd degree burn as you transfer the cauliflower and broth into the blender, but once you're past that part it's a breeze.

I only used about half a head of cauliflower and it made tons. We had enough for a huge batch of alfredo for supper that night, and enough to save in the fridge for supper later in the week. I made it with quinoa pasta, but any pasta will work.

One tip, do not skimp on the black pepper, it's very important.






please sir, I'd like some more



No comments:

Post a Comment