Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

burlesque

I've been into burlesque for a long time now, I always find myself watching documentaries and reading books around it, so when I was creeping around on the internet and found out that there was going to be a burlesque show at the Fillmore, I was so excited.

After about 3 weeks of begging and wheedling my husband to the point where he began to lose the will to live, he eventually gave in and bought us tickets (he LOVED it, by the way). I loved it too, it was really fun to watch. The girls were beautiful, and amazing dancers, and a few of them were really curvy but still gorgeous.

They had different "numbers" including a Star Wars dance, and a Planet of the Apes dance where all the girls danced and stripped wearing gorilla masks.

One really neat thing was when they brought up some of the girls that had been a part of the show in the '80's, to talk to them and see if they had any advice for the new ladies, you could tell that it had been a really enjoyable time in their lives, and they were still a part of the act so many years later.

The troupe I saw were called the Black Heart Burlesque, definitely check them out if they are in your area.






The Fillmore is so gorgeous


Band posters of all of the musical acts that have played the Fillmore. It's almost like going back in time.

Another accidental gif from my phone. I don't know how it happens, and I couldn't make it take a gif if my life depended on it




No comments:

Post a Comment