Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

brittle

My love for pomegranate is both legendary all encompassing, during pomegranate season you can find me eating one almost every day. I was recently the recipient of a gift of the best kind, a box full of huge, juicy pomegranates.

After gorging myself every day for a week, I still had a few left and decided to do an experiment combining my two favourite things. I melted two bars of good dark chocolate, and stirred in half the seeds from a pomegranate.

I spread the mixture onto wax paper, then sprinkled the remaining seeds on top, and threw it in the fridge for about an hour, and at the end I had pomegranate chocolate brittle.

It was delicious, ridiculously easy, and it looks beautiful with the bright red seeds against the dark chocolate. I'd like to try it again with milk chocolate, since pomegranates can be a bit tart and the extra sweetness might be a good contrast.









No comments:

Post a Comment