Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

my best friend's wedding

Over labour day weekend, my best friend got married in a gorgeous ceremony in Bend, OR. I arrived on Wednesday night, and despite a pretty terrible toothache, had such a great weekend. Nic's family and friends are so much fun, so in addition to the actual wedding, it was pretty much just a 5 day party, broken up periodically by important bridesmaids duties like making bouquets and playing Cards Against Humanity.

Contrary to popular belief, I did NOT cry through the whole ceremony, but she looked so beautiful, and so in love, and I don't think there are words to describe how happy I am for her and her wonderful new husband Mac.

I also began what I believe will be a life-long commitment that day, although mine was with a beverage. If you are looking for a sign that the world really is a lovely place, you can probably find it at the bottom of a lavender lemon drop martini.

















No comments:

Post a Comment