Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

cleanse

I've had a really great summer, with lots of traveling, concerts, camping and partying. Sadly, all that fun has started to take its toll on my skinny jeans and I'm feeling kind of gross these days.

I'm pretty skeptical about juice cleanses. It seems like a quick fix, and as soon as you start eating normally again, things would go right back to normal. But I feel like it might be a good jump start to get back to eating healthier, and my mom has done this one a few times and she said she had a lot more energy. It's only a 3 day cleanse but she kept going for 4 more days after the first time because she felt so good.

I decided to try it out. The breakfast smoothie is delicious, the supper one is OK, but the lunch one is pretty gross. They are very filling though, so I didn't feel hungry, just kind of bored with eating the same thing over and over.

It also says you can do the whole thing for only $16/day. I'm not sure where they were shopping, but it cost me closer to $80 to get all the ingredients.


I do feel better after doing this, but obviously it's just the first step, and I've got more work to do. The best thing about the whole experience was I discovered a new love, and it's name is Almond Butter. Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment