Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

eat all the things.

I have a friend coming in to town over Labour Day weekend from L.A., and she was wondering about the best places to eat in San Francisco for a truly delicious, unique experience. I asked my food-loving co-workers for suggestions, and I got a lot of feedback. It turned into a pretty impressive list, so I decided to share it.

I've been to the first few, and really enjoyed them, and I'm pretty excited to start eating my way through the rest of the list.

Tacolicious- The tacos here are really delicious, they have a bunch of different kinds, and they have really interesting margarita flavours to try as well.

Spruce- This place is a little more expensive but it's really funny because if you go in here, every.single. person. is eating a burger. Their burgers are amazing, their fries taste like potato chips, and they gave us a free giant cookie when we came in for being first time visitors, but I was already so full from eating everything else that I was like "I'll never be able to eat this cookie, I'll have to save it for tomorrow". And then I ate the whole thing before we even made it home.

Cafe Delucchi- In North Beach, the "Italian" part of the city, I went for dinner here a few weeks ago with my Italian girlfriend and it was so friggin good. Then we went across the street for hot chocolate and cannoli's, it was one of the best meals I've had in a long time.

Tartine- I've never been here but I've had food from here. It's pretty much an SF institution, and their flourless chocolate cake might be the best thing I've ever eaten.

Flour and Water- Pizza and pasta, came very highly recommended

Thanh Long- Vietnamese fusion cuisine

Burma Superstar- Apparently a very unique experience. 

Yank Sing- Deem Sum

State Bird Provisions- This place has a constantly evolving menu, and is apparently a cliche, but classic San Francisco suggestion

Golden Boy- People are pretty crazy about this pizza place.

Frances- A bit expensive but really good food-

AQ- Uses seasonal ingredients to make brand new

Mission Chinese- Life changingly good Chinese.

Swan Oyster Depot- A place to get very fresh seafood. I'll be taking my sister and brother-in-law here for sure.

Foreign Cinema- I've heard the food here is amazing, and the really cute thing is that they show movies on the wall of the court yard.

AsiaSF:  It's a bar and restaurant but the servers are really beautiful drag queens. It's apparently a must do for visitors to the city, I might take my sister there when she comes in to town tomorrow.

The Latin American Club: If you like margaritas as much as I do, and I'm not sure that it's possible to, you should check this place out.

And the final suggestion I was given: get a bacon wrapped hot dog in the mission. We used to go to Mazatlan all the time to see my Grandpa, and the bacon wrapped hot dogs they sell on the street at 2 a.m. are a thing of beauty, so we'll see. Big shoes to fill, and what not.

I'd love to get more suggestions, so if you have any for me, please leave them in the comments. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment