Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

bent

The last few days have been kind of a blur, Thanksgiving was lovely but I was too sick to be hungry so I consoled myself with tequila and cheesecake. The next morning I got up at 3 am to drive 7 1/2 hours to Oregon to see my best girl.

The good thing about being an adult is that for the most part you are completely in control of everything you do, there is nobody that can tell you not to do something, but that's not always a good thing.

When I was in high school and was too sick to move but would still try to get up to go out to a party, it was annoying, but nice in a way to have my dad there to say "You are sick, you aren't going anywhere," whereas now there is nobody but me to tell me not to do things when I'm sick, and I clearly won't be listening to anything I have to say.

Aside from waking up in a panic on Saturday morning because I felt like I couldn't breathe, it was a great weekend. It was really nice to be back in the "winter", well it was plus 12 most of the time I was there, but it's as close to actual winter as I'm going to get for awhile.

We went skating, sat by the fire, drank Caesar's with pickle juice and ate at some of Bend's adorable and delicious local restaurants. Why more restaurants don't have a chicken fettucine alfredo burrito on the menu is a mystery that will never be solved.

Oregon is sooooo lovely
gracefullll
brunch at CHOW in Bend. Go. For real.
guava mimosas by the fire. I usually have some kind of make up on my hand, but that's what life is like sometimes
old books in an antique shop
there should always be cupcake cafes
way too many craft beer to choose from
new boyfriend Koa
cute store in Bend called Gypsy Soul. I want everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment